• Create and maintain your account
• create and maintain your account
• fraud detection
• collect statistical information on the number of product downloads
• collect information about the devices that have downloaded our licensed software and the registeredaccounts to which it is linked
• improve our Website and services, we may collect information about how you interact with our Website, viewed pages, access dates and times, IP address and the
internet browser you use
• meet our legal obligations
• send you marketing and promotional materials that you have agreed or requested to receive
If you apply for a position with us, we will also collect any information you provide us in your curriculum vitae and throughout the recruitment process. The purpose of collecting and storing this information is to consider and make a determination on your application.
Most of the personal information we collect about you is provided from you directly. The following table provides a summary of how we collect your personal information.
• When you enter your information in our system to create an account, subscribe to a newsletter or through other direct interactions
• From cookies and other similar technologies such as Sendinblue analytics
• From browser extensions and features that notify us when our product has been installed or uninstalled by you.
We do not sell or rent your personal information. We are serious about safeguarding your personal information, including maintaining controls for employee and third-party access to your personal information. Below are some examples:
In providing our services to you, we may rely on third party service providers to help perform administrative functions, assist with service delivery or troubleshooting, process payments or assist us in analyzing how our services are being used, among other things. To perform these functions, we may need to share your personal information with our service providers. Our service providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and to use it only for the purposes for which we have instructed.Some of these third-party service providers may be located outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement, courts and regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of these jurisdictions.
In the event of a sell, assignment, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets, information we might have about you might be transferred or disclosed to a purchaser or prospective purchaser. Should such a transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the transferee uses your information in a manner that is consistent with this policy unless otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
We may be compelled to share your information with a court of law or other person(s) or entity / entities with jurisdiction to compel production of such information.
We store personal information that we collect from you or about you on Google and Amazon Web Services Cloud Platform servers in Canada & the USA.As noted, from time to time your personal information may be transferred to third party hosts outside of Canada to facilitate or provide certain services on our behalf. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform the tasks we have instructed them to complete and are contractually bound not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.For additional information about the way in which our service providers handle your personal information, contact us at email@example.com.By using our Website, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your jurisdiction for the purpose of storing your personal information or processing it.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights to your personal information:
You have the right to request the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect including:
1) categories of personal information collected;
2) categories of sources from which personal information is collected;
3) business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information;
4) categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; andspecific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request that we delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.Erasure requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law.
Subject to certain limitations you have the right to request that the personal information we hold about you is transferred to you or to a third party. We will provide you, or the third party you have chosen, your personal information in a machine-readable format.
You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we hold about you, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide us. We may refuse to comply with a request for rectification if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive in nature
You have the right to request that we suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
• if you contest the accuracy of the personal information, we hold about you and we are verifying the accuracy of that information;
• where it has been determined that the processing of your personal information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
• where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
• for other legal purposes.
We may refuse to comply with a request for restriction if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive in nature.
In some circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). In this case, you must provide specific reasons for why you object to the processing of your personal information.You have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
In circumstances where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
Exercising your right to privacy does not result in different treatment by us or different quantities or qualities of product or service that we offer. Where we request your personal information in exchange for a valuable product or service, we will let you know at the time of the exchange.
• website traffic;
• number of visitors;
• location of visitors;
• information about the browser version and device type;
• referral sources to the website;
• demographics of visitors;
• and website usage.
This Website and our Services are not directed, marketed, or meant to be used by persons under the age of eighteen (18). If you think your child might have created an account with us without your consent, you may request the deletion of the account and the data that we have about your child by writing to us at email@example.com.
We will generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to satisfy the purposes stated above or as otherwise required by law.When determining the relevant retention period, we consider:
• our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
• legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
• statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
• our legitimate interests where we have carried out balancing tests (see section on ‘What Information do we collect and for what purpose’ above);
• guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities; and
• other legal purposes.
In addition to the above, your personal information may be anonymized and used in aggregate. Once it is determined that your personal information is no longer necessary as indicated above, we will securely erase your personal information.You may also request the deletion of your profile by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to thirty (30) business days to respond to your request.
We take appropriate technical, physical and organizational security measures to protect personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, and accidental loss, destruction and damage.The third-party vendors with whom we engage for specific tasks are required to have certain safeguards in place that comply with industry standards.That having been said, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information from you to Dataspine is at your own risk. Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access our Website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We are committed to maintaining high standards for privacy. We want to hear from you about any concerns you may have with our privacy practices. If you wish to raise a concern or compliment us on our privacy practices, you can contact us at email@example.com.If we are not able to address your privacy concerns to your level of satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30, Victoria Street
K1A 1H3Toll-free: 1-800-282-1376
Phone: (819) 994-5444
TTY: (819) 994-6591